Illegals south of the border

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by GREEN MAN, Jun 28, 2006.

GREEN MAN LawnSite Member

Is anybody else worried about the illegals taking over our businesses? I don't think it's fair of these businesses to pay under minimum wage, making it more profitable for them,while hurting their fellow AMERICAN LCO's. I think Bush is on the right track, to fine these companies who hire illegals. To those illegals. Become an American citizen, it pays more.:usflag:
  2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I Second That!
  3. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

The hourly wage in this area is $12- $25 an hour. Easily doubling minumum wage. Legal or illegal people willing to work hard can make a lot of money. I heard of a guy (illegal) making $28 an hour foreman at a big local bakery.
  4. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

if they were to take over our businesses they probably earned through hard work. i myself do not have a problem with people south of the border working here. they are working thats the bottom line. they do not come up here and sit on their a$$ and draw unemployment or welfare cause they can't. lets face americans are lazy compared to these people when there is a job that americans are too good for they are not afraid to do it. i honestly can say i respect these people for their hard work and determination for a better life. everyone thinks that they are taking jobs away from us because they do it for cheaper, that is stupid they are taking them away because they will work rain,shine,sun up to sun down, and weekends and get stuff done. how many americans do that without complaining or asking for days off or calling in sick?
  5. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Regardless of how hard they work, I have a problem with illegals in the country but I have a real problem with companies that hire them and a government that turns a blind eye to the fact. Nonetheless, I commend them for their work ethic.
  6. PJDiesel

PJDiesel LawnSite Member

I'd like to see some facts on the "Bush supporting the fining of employers" part thoguh?
    That's news to me.:confused:

As I said, it's the businesses that hire the illegals that anger me. I didn't say anything bad about the illegals. They do work hard, and I don't knock them as a people but there are plenty of AMERICANS LCO's that are not lazy, and are willing to work too. We also have to pay taxes. These companies that hire the illegals are making big money lowballing all their jobs and not paying them what they are worth. If they paid them what they should be paid, they would have to price their jobs appropriately, like everyone else. I should say that I don't blame the illegals for wanting to make a better life for them selves, but they should do it legally. There is a reason why we call them ILLEGAL imigrants.:usflag:
  8. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

whether or not they are not getting paid what they are worth they still will always have work. i had someone from south of the border working with me,for whenever he wasn't working elsewhere. i paid him the same as my other help and never offered him anything else. i asked what i owed him and he said 20 dollars, that was for 4 hours of work i give him more of course, but what i am trying to say is that their value of a dollar is greater than ours.i have also heard of a guy that hired some on a commercial electrical job used them to get it done and called immigration on them and had them taken away without paying them. i just think it is tottally unfair to take advantage of them and they should have the same privileges as americans as far as pay goes if they work here.

I agree it's wrong to take advantage of them, but that's what these companies are doing that don't pay them well. These companies are also making the customer think that we are all overpriced. Hmmm, who do you think will get the job?
  10. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea - PROVE THAT !!!!!!!!!!:usflag: