Illegals

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by cfrymow, Feb 25, 2008.

1. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

How are the illegals in your area. In my area every company out there is hiring them and prices are dropping and I can hardly keep up. Not trying to offend anyone but come on. :usflag:

2. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

llegals are killing the economy.

3. 2fatguyslawncare

2fatguyslawncare LawnSite Member

Being isolated in Maine is not ALWAYS a bad thing... This does not seem to be a problem here YET... except for during blueberry and potato season.

4. 2fatguyslawncare

2fatguyslawncare LawnSite Member

Being isolated in Maine is not ALWAYS a bad thing... This does not seem to be a problem here YET... except for during blueberry and potato season.

5. cfrymow

cfrymow LawnSite Member

Im moveing to maine :waving:

6. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well in Texas we are getting the ones tossed out of Oklahoma, and Arizona....whatever New Mexico is doing is also pushing them down our throats...better learn spanish fast......

7. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

They dont work cheap here. Most day laborers wont work for less than $100 a day.

8. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Our illegals down here used to only pick tomatoes.... Unfortunately that is no longer the case. They have taken over the green industry, and whats left of the construction trades.

During the Dem Debate the other night, one of the candidates was asked about immigration. ""HE" answered, We find to find a way for people to come to the united states legally.

Honest to god, that was Obama's answer. I guess La Raza, never told him, there actually is way to come here legally.

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Your lucky if you even see somebody thats not hispanic on a mowing crew around here. Thats not to say they are all illegal but I am willing to bet that most of them are.

Example: 1 acre lawns being cut in this area for under $40. 2 acres for $60 or less. Its getting really bad here.

10. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Wow. Prices are not going down here. If you do a good job you get work. La Raza is probably my favorite radio station. Noventa ocho punto cinco y ciento tres punto tres.