Illinois-Indiana Turfgrass Short Course

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by eruuska, Dec 10, 2005.

1. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I just got some email info on the Indiana-Illinois Turfgrass Short Course sponsored by the Midwest Regional Turfgrass Foundation. It's February 13-16 in Indianapolis.

Has anyone gone to this before? It's kinda pricey ($525 for MRTF members, $625 for non-members), but if it's worth it I'll be interested in going.

Looks like they've requested that this also apply toward category 3b CCH's as well. Woohoo!

2. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

I plan to go to Purdue this winter and spring. What is this and will it save me any money or will it earn more later on?

3. eruuska

Here's the link they emailed me:

http://www.agry.purdue.edu/turf/tips/2005/shrt129.htm

I don't know if it'll save any money or make you more money, but it sounds like it'll teach a few things and give a chance to rub elbows with some turf experts.

What are you going to Purdue for? I'll be taking the 3a (Ornamental) certification class in February. Or are you talking about regular university classes?

4. mak2

Turf and core course. Then I have to do the workshop in March.

5. eruuska

Sounds good. I went that route last year. They have an excellent program and staff there, they really know their stuff. I just hope the weather is better this year for the workshop. Cold and windy last year.

Have you registered for everything yet? The turf course and workshop fill up pretty quickly.

6. mak2

Oh yes I am registered. Sounds like a good time actually. Looking forward to learning something.