Illinois

Discussion in 'Network: Central' started by richmadmax, Dec 16, 2004.

1. richmadmax

richmadmax LawnSite Member

I new the the business, been doing it on the side with others for a year. Thinking about starting to do it next year. I did a job late this year for a new friend, who llc quit in oct. He want me to clean his 11 lawns. I bagged all the leaves up in bags and charge him $3.00 per a bag, with no take way fee ( do to the city will pick it up for free ). I had 85 bags so only charge him $255.00, i know that most likely under cut my self. But when i gave him the bill, he said it was to much and the other guy did not charge per bag, only $40 for a take away fee. I thought of what he said, but it does not make sense, no money to pick up the leaves. Just want to know what others in Illinois charge. I did charge $ 30.00 for each grass cut.

2. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

I add about 20% of the regular price for the last 1.5 months. Someone who doesn't charge must use the **** for compost or really likes working for nothing. Charge the bastards, they'll know whats up if they ask you to do something for them.

3. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

Watch out elmhurst, those are the cheapest bastards in the world. I hate those f@# ers out that way. They suck. they want everything for free. Probably becuase you are looked down upon by the snooty pricks. **** em, go to S. Elmhurst, at least the people that live there work so much they'll never be home and have to pay for the work. Let me know what type of work is thata way.

4. richmadmax

richmadmax LawnSite Member

thank you the in put. i Have notice the more they make, the Cheaper they are. Like many of you say, "Don't work for less ".

5. IronHorse3136

IronHorse3136 LawnSite Member

:waving: Hello all,
    I will be starting my first lawn care business in 2005. I am looking for all of the information I can get between now and next April. I am open to all suggestions and tips. I hope to major in commercial porperties and minor in residential properties. What's the going rate per acre or per job? (Both Residential and Commercial) Can I get by with just doing cutting and trimming without doing full on landscaping? What are some inexpensive services I should add to my list of services? (like gutter cleaning, pressure washing, etc.) What would you charge for each service? or would you just package it all together? What has been the best means of getting new clients or contracts? Newspaper ads, Radio, Flyers, Referrals? Do you push signing a contract? For eight months or an entire year? Would you have a two year contract for commercial accounts? OK OK I'll stop there. I will accept the good with the bad, so don't be mercifull. Hope to hear from all of you.