1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Im 13 years old. Here is my work thread. Yes this is MY work.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Greenlandscaping, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Greenlandscaping

Greenlandscaping LawnSite Member

yes sir that is the hampton sign. That where i get my community service hours. I cut it do the edging and mulching each year. I live 2 minutes away from there. If you ever driving by and you see me dont be afraid of stopping by! I love the older clients in shaler my dads from there. I cut 2 houses on South Magnolia Drive above the eaten park on the hill. I get my shirts at Awards And More in the intersection if your going up to walmart. I think mine are 10. I would go to butler is a drive because somebody has to take me. If i was able to drive i would do it.
  2. Greenlandscaping

Thats excatly why I started young. I want a good customer base in my area and word of mouth. I rather do this now than 20 because if i do screw up then i really will have probelms. Thanks for the advice man!
  3. Greenlandscaping

Thank you! I was using a free program where i only got about a minute and 30 seconds so i did with what i had. I plan on making a bigger better one sometime during the winter with some free time.
  4. Greenlandscaping

I make about 100 in profit after the second guy and gas. Not bad especially at my age
  5. lawnman24949

lawnman24949 LawnSite Member

If you are interested in getting an LLC these are somethings I would do so everything goes smoothy. What you want to do is get a good lawyer that has dealt with younger people creating businesses before. Also do not use a website that advertises creating an LLC for $100 because to do it right it will cost you between 1 to 2 thousand dollars. I would also suggest you have your dad own 51% of the business and you can own 49% of the business but just remember this is solely for legal reasons and you can buy him out when you are 18.
  6. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Good to see some young kids with working ethics something rare these day's, make sure your mom and dad know everything you are doing and lying to them create trouble and bad KARMA for you.

Good luck...
  7. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

You are dead on there. Our LLC cost over 1000 bucks but it was well worth it. It was done right and came with local tech support aka 2 Lawyers. The online companies don't really do squat compared to a lawyer. ALSO get a good accountant...I am a cheap skate and I still have an accountant do all my payroll, taxes, etc. He has paid for himself in deductions (income tax) before.

WHOA! So do you make $100 after buying equipment, oil, etc? Is it really profit? Technically profit (if I understand it correctly) is what you make after all overhead (including YOUR "SALARY")...

I'm just trying to help you out (nothing derogatory here)...I was well versed in this yesterday when one of the local dealerships' owners talked my ear off about the money end of it. Literally 30 minutes. But it made me stop and think. I wish folks had given me advice like that of on this thread and what the guy talked to me about yesterday when I was your age. And older for that matter. :laugh:
    Good luck!
  8. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I know exactly where that is. I do a lot of work off of middle road in some of those plans. If you ever see me do not hesitate to stop and say hi
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Greenlandscaping

They know everything man. This is my way to keep out of trouble and make some money.Thanks for the positive comment.
  10. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Looks great bud! Keep up the great work..