1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

im 14.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by exmarkmaster01, Nov 1, 2006.

1. exmarkmaster01

exmarkmaster01 LawnSite Member

here are some pics of me. enjoy. i am the hid in the WCSN shirt.

cabin pictures 3.jpg
  2. exmarkmaster01

*kid.* this was taken from camp this summer. i am thinking about mowing some lawns in my neighborhood. i look cooler now.:usflag:
  3. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

first off, Welcome to Lawnsite. great idea to have a little money making business. do you have any plans, ideas, equipment you can use? One piece of advice, buy the best equpiemnt you can afford right off the bat. ooo don't let the bigger lawn companys on here scare you. LawnInOrder
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

welcome to Lawnsite. You will find some very good info on here that will help you decide. Most of the time you can do a search and look at other questions that you may have.
  5. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

good luck! welcome to tha site!
  6. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

I am going to start repeating this mantra to all the young ones on the forum

make the sacrifice and start a retirement fund

I will do the simple math for you....they say in a conservative investment your money should double about every 7 years

so lets just make it eight years.....you are 14-16...lets say 16

you retire at 66....that is 50 years / 8 = 6 times to double and 2 years change ...lets go with 6 times to double and give you the 2 years to put money away

so you get 6,000 into the account (3,000 per year) so now your 6,000 should double 6 times before you are 66.....it would equal 384,000 dollars

that is a lot of cash for stuffing 3,000 away for 2 years way back when you were young and carefree!
  7. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I can't agree more. A year from now you'll probably look back and you won't believe how much you've learned. Welcome to lawnsite and good luck with your startup. btw- we've got quite few younger guys on here now (under 18) including myself. It's a real asset, especially to the young and less experienced.
  8. exmarkmaster01

thanks. i feel verywelcome.
  9. exmarkmaster01

here is another recent picture of me!

10. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I just had an alien encounter.