1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm 15. Starting out.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by aahotard, Oct 8, 2008.

1. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

Hey guy i'm 15 soon to be 16 and getting my liscense I do about 5-6 lawns a week and thought i would post some pics of my equipment. I know it's not the best stuff, but it was all bought with my money and i could not afford anything better. Next season hoping for about 15 accounts a week and making enough money for a new lawnmower(maybe a commercial grade one). Let me know what you think

2. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

nice equipment!!!

i am 15 as well, but have been in the business for 3 years.

get a walkbehind.

advertise advertise advertise, and you will get your goal of 15 lawn accounts....OR MORE!

Keep it up!
  3. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice equipment - for just starting out, that's exactly what you need. . . do excellent work, and you shouldn't have any trouble building up to 15 customers.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Im glad to see that you have an edger.

Good luck.
  5. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats pretty snazzy for being 15. Especially the edger and bckpck blower. For the yards in LA it seems like you wouldnt need something much bigger than what you've got to start out. What do you want to upgrade to?
  6. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

If i were to upgrade it would be another 21" but a commercial grade one because i don't know if that 200 dollar lawnmower could handle up to 15 lawns a week. What do you think?
  7. f150 with bobcat

f150 with bobcat LawnSite Member

great start up equipment good luck
  8. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

it could hanlde 15 yards a week for a year atleast and then by then you should be able to afford a commerical one but good start man
  9. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I would run it until It cant run anymore. The one I use is nothing special, it's actually my dads Toro homeowner grade. The only problem it has had with being used to much was the ethanol in the gas so we switched over to higher quality gas. You probably shoulstick with that mower intil it gives you problems as I said before. As kids, we dont really have the amount of money that these big companies do, and the important thing, IMO, is to stay profitable and work with what you've got.
  10. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good!!!