1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm 6'4''!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by okie2, Jun 11, 2007.

1. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

Anybody got suggestions for a ztr that wont hit me in the knees at full speed. I have demoed many so far. What do you long legged people like to use?
  2. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not 6'4" but I am 6'0" and I run a cub cadet tank. I have to run it with the seat all the up and wish I could get the seat up even further. I would think for someone taller running with the seat all the back would give them plenty of room. Good luck.
  3. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

I am also tall and I found that any of the mid size machines is going to be tight for someone that is your height. If you are looking for something that has a 52-72 inch deck then you can step into the full size machines such as the IS3000 from ferris, a Scag Turf Tiger or The Lazer from Exmark and numerous others that I am sure people will recomend. If you go to a dealer with a good amount of inventory you can definatly see what I am saying. The mid and smaller sized machines due to there compact size are going to be tight.
  4. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i'm 6'5 and run a great dane chariot, the levers are in the inside of my legs. not over the top. much nicer.
  5. SpfdTurfMasters

SpfdTurfMasters LawnSite Member
    from MO

Im 6'3" and the guy I work for runs a Gravely 34Z, its a 34" and it fits me fine. He also has 2 Hustlers, a 60" and a 52" and those both fit me fine
  6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

You might be able to take the handles and cut them and have a welding shop weld in a section of metal stock to raise the bars a few more inches...

Might be the easiest fix.

I know some are adjustable, but only about an inch or so...
  7. Wolfbass

Wolfbass LawnSite Member

Hustler sells extensions which help quite a bit.
  8. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Why dont you try a stander? As long as you watch out for tree limbs, and low flying airplanes you should be good to go.
  9. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

If you have a Bad Boy dealer around you try one... I demo'd one with the handles in the high position and to me it was like "ape hangers" on a motorcycle (I'm 5' 9"). :laugh:
  10. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

i really havn't tried one yet that i didn't have some sort of problems with the handles