1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm a dumbass, help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jocko1104, Mar 18, 2003.

1. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

Short story. Grass seed in the planting beds. I know, I know. But what now?
  2. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

3. Ajays

Ajays LawnSite Member

If the grass hasn't germinated yet, get some pre-emergent on those asap. Preen does work good but is kind of expensive.
  4. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I say preen as well
  5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like Preen is being used quite a bit. Is it that effective against weeds and grass-------both?
  6. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Ha ha! Sorry, but the title of your thread just "cracks" me up! Okay, sorry, that was stupid......:blush:

Use Preen, its good.

7. Tom Musselman

Tom Musselman LawnSite Member

I would assume you got seed in the beds from seeding turf areas around the bed. Be careful using Snapshot or Preen (same chemical) around the newly seeded areas until after it germinates and you cut a few times.

I would just spot spray with round-up, or if seed got in ornamentals use fusilade II, after the seed comes up.
  8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

LMFAO!! I got a new house today, and the guy wanted me to over seed it. First thing he said was "PLEASE, don't seed my beds like the last dumb ***". I had to laugh after that, then seeing your post. :D
  9. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Preen is the homeowners version of snapshop. You are going to pay out the yazoo for preen compared to snapshot. BTW, you cant do any apps if you dont have a liscense. Fines are heavy. ;)