I'm a little miffed today

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ccstrebe, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

Today was supposed to be the day I got my new Cat...........wrong. I found out the real reason why they bumped the delivery date up 4 weeks.

The unit I'm getting was being built for someone else who had backed out of the deal and their specs happened to have the same specs as mine except for the H-control and the glass door. So they shipped it without those two items and was going to have the dealer put them on, but the glass door isn't here yet (or so they tell me). I think either someone dropped the ball or they didn't have one to put on it during assembly or it was already built because why did Phoenix have to put on the H-control.

They put the H-control on it in Phoenix yesterday and it arrived in Yuma this morning but my sales rep doesn't want to release it until they can put on the glass door (it's got the poly door right now). And also, I guess Phoenix didn't have an 84" bucket either, so they are waiting for that too. Now they are telling me next Tues or Weds. I'm not happy.

I went out and took a peek. They were hiding it from me in the back forty but I found it!!

2. iron peddler

iron peddler LawnSite Member
    from midwest

h control is a dealer install....my guess is that they don't the poly door scratched.....but i understand your frustration

3. CarterKraft

CarterKraft LawnSite Senior Member

H-control is no big deal, doesn't help your situation though.

Maybe they would let you take the machine anyway and swap the glass when it comes in?

4. Ausman

Ausman LawnSite Senior Member

Welcum to Cat land, lies lies lies.

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

yeah, takes 20 minutes to swap a door. I think they are hiding something!

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's not lies, when you have a huge corporate dealership with something like 20 people handling 1000 customer accounts in 1 branch alone, all it takes is once little slip and it throws a few people off schedule.

7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I like that, thanks Ausman.:clapping:

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Company I work for is demo'ing a 345DL, I guess it's a real big deal for NC Machinery here in Seattle because it's the first D series 345 in the area. There has been a Cat rep on site at least a couple times per week since we got it a couple weeks ago. Well today all the big wigs from Cat and the owner of our company plus general superintendant, the whole ball of wax showed up to see our operator load trucks, with the freshly delivered 84" bucket nonetheless. That bucket is HUGE, no joke it's about 5 yards seriously heaped fairly easily, probably 3.5 or so slack. So yeah, Cat takes some pride it what they do, but at the same time there is a lot of BS projected toward the smaller guy, depending on the dealer, I can't stress that enough. The Cat dealer my dad works with is awesome, they work hard for every sale and always show up when they say they will with rental equipment, for minor service issues, etc..

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

The Cat 345 is still slightly smaller than the Hitachi Zaxis 450. A friend has a brandnew Zaxis 450 really likes the machines it handles the 8-10 ton boulders like nothing.

10. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

your sig says you are getting rid of the 450. Did you not like it? Just curious . Thanks, doug