Im a STANDER owner!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sellers Lawn Care, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Sellers Lawn Care

Sellers Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Just added a 23/52" 03' stander to my army.... I picked it up for $3750, with 150 hrs. Man is this thing sweet. I was having so much fun with it i mowed 2 of my neighbors lawns for free.... ( i hope they didnt mind those turn-burns in their lawn :) ) I already feel like im a pro ( but im not) and ive only driven it for an hour! Im only 16 so this is a biiiig deal for me.... Its a sweet mower so far.... and for you stander guys out there, i know you love to hear it, "why didnt i get one sooner?????" well maybe cause i couldnt drive hahaha.... thanks to everyone who helped with the decision, you guys are great!

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome to the wright stander own club. Hey impact put another mark on the scoreboard for "why didn't I get one sooner". Remeber the only thing better than a stander is two standers :) And the only thing better than 2 standers is 3 standers :p And the only thing better than 3 standers is, well you get the picture :D
    I got my first stander when I was 15 and my second at 16. So I expect you to get a second one ASAP. LOL Good luck with it.

3. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

i think i will love one of those standers but how do you deal with the height adjustment? Do you just cut everyones yard that same and can you cut with out the turn burns? I am thinking about getting rid of my 48" z and going down a to a 36" deck ( better for my size yards most are under 12,000 sg ft)

4. Itsgottobegreen

The turn burns are a new operator syndrome. Takes a little time to get used to the stander. I never get turn burns. Its like any other ZTR, you can't do a zero turn at full speed. You will slide with it if you do. You just need to slow down first, then turn.

I cut every lawn at 3.5", My contracts state the contractor will determine the height of cut.

5. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Hi, Itsgottobegreen, I am thinking hard between Supermini Z 52/24 and Stander 52/23, what do you think is the ticket. I am selling my 36 belt Metro and try to acquire either Supermini Z or Stander to accompany my 52 tthp and that is gonna be it. If you were me please give some info.
    The price diff between Stander and Supermini is about 7-800 bucks. Who is gonna be mac daddy most productive?

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

you know that is not even a fair question to ask the self appointed Wright Spokesman.......what kind of spokesman would he be if he did not say the Stander......

Get the Stander!

My 52/23hp Stander just went in for major surgery today. Dealer thinks I have a warped deck......

Derek

7. GreenGrassEarnsCash

GreenGrassEarnsCash LawnSite Member

get the stander i just got a 17/52 stander and i love it! it is an 03 as well!

8. Itsgottobegreen

A crazy spokesman. I would say the stander, not that I have a bias opinion or anything. LOL

9. Sellers Lawn Care

Sellers Lawn Care LawnSite Member

You say that you cut at 3.5"... How many washers is that on the bottom of the front caster wheels.... Im not 100% sure on how to change the height of cut... also what does deck pitch mean???

10. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

I dont get the stander thing. Why stand when you can sit? Also it seems like a real pain to change the cutting height. With my Hustler you just pull the pin out and adjust with the foot pedal. It takes 3 seconds. Maybe I'm missing something.??