1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Im asthmatic....my new set-up for '07

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liquidfast, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Just to put it out there on the world wide web.

I dont care if I look like a kid with a dunce cap. Im tired of the ER visits. I am especially sensitive to an oil and gas mixture. I put it in the push mower, I suffer, I use regular gas, I am fine (dont use mix, no brainer). I use a trimmer, I suffer cuz ya just cant use regular gas in that or a blower.

In the summer, I suffer when I do properties that I can ride....too dusty and too many mold spore flying around.

The next time someone sees a 250lb brother wearin one, It could possibly be me.

The sufferin' ends next year.
  2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Are you sensitive to a petroleum based 2 cycle mix in particular or anytime gas and oil are mixed? I am curious because I wonder of you have tried Amsoil 100:1 mix or not. I am hoping you can use a synthetic mix. Gas is still obviously a petroleum component but the oil will be less likely to smoke heavily as a petrol 2 cycle oil will.
    I definately can believe that the mold spores and things of that nature will trigger the asthma. Being a paramedic too allows me to also understand exactly what you are going thru. No fun to be sitting thru a&a treatments whenever things go to hell. 250lbs would qualify you as a middleweight in my ambulance.:waving: Good Luck.
  3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Just go buy you a bottle of Primatene mist--16$ at the drug store. That will relax your lungs quickly and probably save you the big expense of going to a hospital. I use to have it when I was a lot younger. Mask will help but they are not full proof...