i'm back... sort of

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeLT1Z28, Sep 3, 2002.

1. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

well, i had a sinus infection a while back that slowed me down. that got better after 3 weeks and then it hit me again, hard.

i spent from a wednesday till a friday in the bed. got up maybe 3 times for a total of 4 hours. i didn't eat and finally i went to the minor med (thanks to hoss for taking my truck and trailer home) and they sent me to the ER. i had more blood taken out of me than most people probably bleed in 10 years. no one knew (or at least wanted to say) what was wrong. blood count was way off (white) and they didn't know what was causing the infection. truth be known i was sick and got torn up by the pests. i'm not gonna say i had it, but i was pretty weak from the infection when it hit me again. we are also under an alert in this area now.

after i got well we had a massive electrical storm come thru and that of course blew up my modem so i am trying to get a system back together now.

also to make this fit more inline with the forum, walker guys when you do leaf clean ups, do you raise the front height or leave it the same as the rear? what height do you generally do it at also.

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Mike....hopefully you are back in the saddle. Never fun when you don't feel right. Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious.

3. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Those types of infections can be nasty, and painful.... I feel for you dude... been there - didn't like it at all.....

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

You were gone?

5. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Good to see you back, Mike !!! :)

6. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

West Nile Virus. J/K

On the Walker I some times set the front higher, most of the time when the pile got huge out front I would hook my toes under the front frame and lift up on the front. You can lift it a lot higher that way than what the pins will hold it up. Of course you can't hold it up all that long, the thing gets heavy in a hurry.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

thats something i dread. anything that just makes, me not be able to work.
    i know ,i just wont get sick anymore.
    glad u feelin better.:)

8. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

Welcome back!

9. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

well, i didn't want to say west nile but i wouldn't rule it out. as i type this there WAS a pest on my desk. don't guess i should burn an off coil in the house! lol

thanks for the tip on the walkers. the guy i bought mine from said he just pins the front settings up a notch or two so it doesn't bulldoze everything. makes sense to me. i'll have to try it in a few months.

hoss, i'm just a figment of your imagination.

10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

well, since you got all the bad luck out of your way for the year, youre all set:D