I'm back

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by CAT powered, Mar 14, 2010.

1. CAT powered

CAT powered LawnSite Bronze Member

And I brought a new toy with me.

2006 Rotochopper CP118

It's a re-grinding/coloring unit to make mulch.

Pete's truck next to it to show size and that it was designed to be pulled behind a truck like that.

Powered by a 115hp John Deere diesel

Inside the hopper

Un-colored material that I put through to get an idea of final product.

2" square non-baffled screens. Not liking the product they turned out so I'll be purchasing a set of 1" round baffled screens. Round to produce less sharp edges than the squares and baffled so long, skinny stuff can't make it past.

I'll need to replace at least one cutter as well because I see at least one bent one without even having the screens out.
  2. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Glad you're back. Make sure you pay your son for the use of his truck. :laugh:
  3. CAT powered

You're kidding right? I pulled that there with my 6.0 he just wanted a picture of his truck there.
  4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Nice. I really like their bigger mulcher, I think it was a 266? I looked at grinding stuff up to make mulch and hog fuel and talked to them a lot.
  5. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

Is that the final product? Looks a little coarse to me for mulch, ok for the 1st grinding though. I know a guy who is BIG time into mulch. He has a 24 yard bucket on a huge, old Michigan loader.:weightlifter:
  6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Ah I see. Just looked like his rig towed it there, it appears to be hooked to the chopper.
  7. CAT powered

Curtis I said in my first post that I didn't like the product the 2" square screens were turning out so I'll be calling Rotochopper tomorrow to get a price on 1" round screens with baffles to keep the longer stuff from getting through.

I run a composting center for my town and tree services drop off chips all the time so I just took a bucket of those chips and put them through with no coloring and that was the product. Not too thrilled about it so that's why it's getting new screens.

Next up after the screens is fixing a few of the cutters and playing with the dye system. It hasn't stopped raining since we took delivery on it so we haven't played with it too much.
  8. tmf lawn care

tmf lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

welcome back cat that new toy look cool *trucewhiteflag*
  9. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Dont lie, your 6.0 broke down.. :laugh:

Whats up buddy! :waving:
  10. CAT powered

Junior that 7.3 has a 4 way plug 2" ball and no brake controller. It didn't tow that there he just wanted a good picture and it didn't do anyone any harm.

See? 6.0 pushed 9 feet of Fisher plow this winter cleaning up the road to my new site so it didn't ice up.

I hear you're driving a Dakota these days, Junior. What happened to diesels and Chevy?

My oldest just bought himself a 98.5 24v 2500 4x4 with a 7.5' Fisher plow on it.

I know you don't know anything about plows (only socks) since you're from the south but I'd be happy to educate you if you think you can pay attention long enough.