1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm Building A Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Daner, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I,m building a 16'x8' 6"...overall trailer any in put or sugestions will help
    Ihave built many trailers in my days ...but this is the first landscaper that i have built
    I will post pics as i go
    Theres going to be two ramps one HD ON THE BACK SO I CAN LOAD A SMALL SKID STEER ON BOARD

Small pic of trailer 1.jpg
  2. Daner

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i don't have any suggestions really, but i must say... i'm drooling over your work area there! a lift? droool:clapping:
  4. Daner

I use the lift for my race car but yaaa it shure comes in handy for Fabricating

Landscaper By Daner Small.jpg
  5. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good i look forward to seeing more pics.:waving:
  6. CrewCutEnterprises

CrewCutEnterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Looks very good, I just built a custom flatbed. Its alot of work...... But alot of fun. And its normally cheaper
  7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

What type of flooring do you plan to use? Looks good so far!
  8. jblawns123

jblawns123 LawnSite Senior Member

My first suggestion would be to put the springs on the bottom, not the top :laugh:
  9. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Just make sure to leave enough room between the wheels and the wheel wells. Seem that every trailer we you have a good load on it that the tires rub on the wheel wells.
  10. Daner

:dancing: Yes the springs are on the bottom...with a 6" drop axils...3500 lbs
    The floor will be 2x8 PT
    No angle Iron here all tube
    Storage rack at the front for chain saws gas etc.
    If anyone has a close up pic of a trimmer /blower rack it would help me in the design of that
    Theres plenty of room between the tires and the frame...I,m bending the fenders on a home made brake

Landscaper small 4.jpg