im buying a new ztr

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by puregreen345, Mar 18, 2006.

1. puregreen345

puregreen345 LawnSite Member

i am going to buy a new hydro 48 in ztr and was going to look at the following companies: exmark,hustler,bobcat,scag,gravely,and ferris. i know this is a lot of companies and if it was you trying to save time which one of these companies would you not even look at? thanks a lot

2. HGdesigner

HGdesigner LawnSite Member

We use a dixie chopper on the farm and like it pretty well. I also understand grass hopper is fairly good. Back when I used to do massive grass the z's weren't out yet and we used a big Kubota and Kubota rider, both were the best I'd ever used.

3. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Look at all that you just mentioned. Then look at which one is going to provide the best service In your area.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Go ask the mechanic at local dealer.

5. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

Dont forget lesco,it might save you some$$ .But you must have service.:dancing:

6. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

What he said. Service, and turnaround is the key my friend. If the machine is in the shop it is costing you more than the amount of money that it costs to fix. Even if it is warranty work and costing you nothing. It is still costing you. Quality machine with Good Quality Service = :)

7. 7 IRON

7 IRON LawnSite Member
    from VT

puregreen345,

Seems Like All The Brands You Have Mentioned Are Among The Big Guns,
    But For The Heck Of It Check Out John Deere.Depending On The Dealer
    Of Course, The Pricing Can Be Competitive.7 IRON Decks Have an Awesome Cut.:)

8. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

Just like everybody said. Go with the dealer with the best customer service. Thats vital to your company. As far as mowers go, I am looking at the Exmark Lazer Z HP. That particular machine seems suited to your needs. I have heard a lot of people on here rave about their Scag Tiger Cub. Demo, make sure the customer service makes you comfortable enough to make an investment with the dealer's products, and find the the mower thats best suits your needs.

9. jeremy067390

jeremy067390 LawnSite Member

exmark and scag will provide you the most service options as far as availability. jmo. i have a lot of exmark places by me so i have one but i think scag is probably the most popular by a bit. i heard good things about hustler too but i ask y so small? if i was going to bother with a rider id go 52 at least. i want a walker diesel

10. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

Just make sure that whatever you buy you have a dealer with a solid background and not leaving anytime soon and is very good to keeping you out and running. The most important part of any machine is that it is up and running when you need it to be.

Tim