I'm considering buy a new truck ...tax write off issues....pros vs. cons?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Exact Rototilling, Nov 17, 2009.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Not to sway you one way or another but here's what I bought a year and a half ago and it's been the best lawn maintenance truck I've ever owned (and I've owned 6). I do think a good used Toyota is a great idea.

In July of last year, I bought this service body from a guy up near D.C. I never knew I could be so organized.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

Thats a good idea.

3. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

nice setup:cool2:

4. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

lawnspecialties,

That is a super clean looking. Looks like a perfect fit for your application part of the business yet a stout tow rig. I'm very partial towards a white truck so I can match my enclosed trailer graphics.

....now for the topic of another thread the 1/2 ton debate of Ford, Chevy, Dodge & Tundra/T100 used truck debate for under $15k? :rolleyes:

5. Exact Rototilling

After all this time I finally found a 1995 Toyota T100 extra cab with 3.4 liter good engine. Compression test showed solid #'s. Got it for $4,400. Much more tow and load capable than my classic 85 solid axle 22r or my back up tow rig super clean 91 4runner. Rare as hens teeth to find in any kind of decent shape. What a PITA.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I love tax advice on LS!

7. Exact Rototilling

Seriously the decision had little to do with tax write off issues but for shear bang for the buck and what I hope will give me fewer hassles than a used Ford, Chevy or Dodge 1/2 ton with half the miles ....than this rig has.
    :
    I have more $ in the graphics on my enclosed 6x12 than in this truck.....thus far. Time will tell. :)

Flat bed and engine upgrades in the cue for the old 85.
    Posted via Mobile Device