1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm crossing Maruyama off my list

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Merkava_4, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

For string trimmers anyway ...

I was at a local dealer last week and I was comparing a Maruyama BC2321 to a RedMax BCZ2301S.
    I immediately noticed the RedMax being longer; so to make absolutely sure, I emailed Maruyama last night. Being that the BC2621CA would be the trimmer I'd get if I was going Maruyama, I asked them what the tube length is on that trimmer. They wrote back and said 57.1 inches. (RedMax is 59 inches).

My conclusion? I'm sure Maruyama is a VERY high quality trimmer, but I need that extra 2 inches.
  2. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

2 inches is a lot when it comes to.......trimmer size haha
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Have you played with adjusting the loop handle up and down to see how it feel yet? I did because I am short!! It really work!!!
  4. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

All these string trimmers are designed by short people it seems like.

In today's world, if you're short and use a string trimmer, you've got the advantage.
  5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I'm 6ft plus and don't have any problems. 2 inches isn't that much difference considering.
  6. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

But have you try that?
  7. Blusername

Blusername LawnSite Member

How tall are you merkava? I was thinking of getting one but now Im concerned I'm 6"1.
  8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Tanaka has a trimmer for tall people.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Redmax had shorter version of trimmers at one time. They were targeting the hispanic workers.
  10. TTM42

TTM42 LawnSite Member

Had one of those Tanaka long trimmers, it worked great for awhile but the quality of them sucks, it was constantly wearing out clutches