i'm cuttin out the middle man

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Maximuslion, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Maximuslion

Maximuslion LawnSite Member
    from Houston

i need a smaller trailer for my solo operation. I can't find exactly what i'm looking for on craigslist so i've decided to buy direct and cut out the dealers. Does anyone know of a trailer mfg in texas that will sell direct. I've already called Trailer Masters and they won't sell. They want me to go through their dealer.

2. seabee1

seabee1 LawnSite Member

3. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I would keep looking on craigslist, their bound to have something come up that you will like, and plus a whole lot cheaper too than going new.

4. sslopok

sslopok LawnSite Member

I just bought a new 6x12 enclosed. The used ones were not much cheaper than new. Look on ebay and they have options to pick up directly from the dealers.
    sslopok

5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

traylorcotrailers.com

6. AdvancedLawns

AdvancedLawns LawnSite Member

have you looked in surrounding areas on craigslist? I always find something within 40-60 miles away

7. AdvancedLawns

AdvancedLawns LawnSite Member

8. hencutter

hencutter LawnSite Member

Since you are in Houston,check 'Southeast Texas.com" Most items will be in the Beaumont/Port Arthur area,but not too far from Houston to save some money. Always some trailers on there.

9. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

I bought a 6 month old 5 X 8 enclosed trailer on craigslist for $700 cash. It sells new for around 2K, but the guys was desperate for money. It's been in my garage collecting dust ever since.

10. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

These guys are out of Kansas, but Eagle Trailers, www.usatrailers.com, builds a great trailer, a little pricey, but well worth it imo. I dont know if they ship to any dealers down your way, but they are the manufacturer and sell direct to the public and to dealers.