1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

im dumping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by garth1967, Dec 4, 2005.

1. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

thats it im going in this guy hasnt paid for double mow and palm fron removal so im dumping tomorrow morn a trailer load of garden waste on the prop ,sure its not te original debris but who gives a crud
  2. TWUllc

TWUllc LawnSite Senior Member

Don't do it. Bad idea.
  3. Sharp Services

Sharp Services LawnSite Senior Member

There has to be another way of dealing with this customer. I think that dumping on his property will only hurt your business,
  4. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

he'll get real mad...just sayin
  5. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

You will end up cleaning it up for free too. Might even have to pay the customer.
  6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i'm so proud of you right now, i could cry
  7. Grassman6

Grassman6 LawnSite Member

Hey Garth,
    After you complete an anger management class, gain some experience in the business manangement field, and learn how to use the spell checker function, come on back to the lawncare service industry. Grab a cup of coffee and we will help.
  8. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Just take him to small claims court. Usually when they get the notice to appear in court they pay before they even get there. Don't let a low life that doesn't pay ruin your day. It happens to all of us.
  9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

A long time ago before I had the brains to charge in advance I cut the lawn and trimmed the palms for the first time. She called and cancelled service saying she wasnt happy, and wasnt paying. Gave a few bs reasons. I got the message and had just got done trimming alot of palms and the day had not gone to well as i remember. She got a truckload in her driveway. We had 3 guys, 5 minutes stop to leaving. You will have to look long and hard to find something so damn rewarding. Sure its not the best solution to any problem, but in the event you have no recourse and they never had the intent of paying you need to use extrordinary measures. You know how everyone is afraid if you make someone mad they will tell all their friends? Good chance this person hangs around losers who dont pay their bills, and will tell their friends. Good chance I would have done more free work. Now im just a knob to her, not her little "kitty" boy who will do things for free and be laughed at. And, like a debt the customer owes you, returning debris for non-payment is a civil matter, so call their bluff and make them sue you.
  10. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Garth- Sure you will get some sense of gratification by dumping junk in the yard. However, always keep in mind that it is better to be the one sueing than the one being sued. Problem is no matter what biz you are in you are going to come across these type of people. In my opinion talk to him about payment, if no resolution then file and kick'em to the curb. There are plenty of good paying customers out there.