1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm dying here.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Sep 9, 2004.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

I've run into poison ivy and i need some help... please tell me what you all use that works... i've been scratching so much and i'm dying.... someone please help...

2. Geoffrey

Geoffrey LawnSite Member

Go to any drug store and pick up some TechNu and your problems are solved! I'm very allergic and without a doubt this is the most effective product I've ever used.

Lbilawncare likes this.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

My wife likes Ivarest (I think that's it). Works well for her. Fortunately I'm not allergic to it. That's why I'm never quite sure what it looks like.
  4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

get in the shower, stay away from the stream, and turn it up to burning hot, or atleast really hot. gently run the area slighty under the water. trust me, it will not itch for hours! i get it on my legs and arms..... works every time. be careful though. i'm so used to it, i do it without thinking.
  5. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to Walgreens and get some Zanfel, it is expensive but it works.
  6. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i saw some stuff the other day... it was like 40 bucks... (can't remember the name) but it said it worked in one application.... anyone hear of this? and if so, one application?? sounds far fetched to me....
  7. Grubville_Man

Grubville_Man LawnSite Member

The best way i've found to treat my outbreaks is to apply whatever ointment you choose then use a hair dryer to the infected area till you can't hardly stand it, Trust me you'll get hour's of relief plus it dry's it up very quickly. Good luck! Let us know what work's best for you.
  8. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

similar to my shower routine..
  9. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I've had it 4 times this year. Benadrly oak and ivy spray seems to be the best for me. I tried the Techu and the relief didn't last as long as the spray. Little white bottle can be bought at CVS or walgreens best stuff i used
  10. arod

arod LawnSite Member

go to the doctor and get a shot.
    that's what i did last time