1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

I'm getting a Toro Timemaster 30

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Smallaxe, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the warranty is voided on the residential version if being used for commercial use. That may be something to consider.

* It's not the best picture, but this was taken first time using the Time Master.

Toro Timemaster cut.jpg

2. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Warranty for commercial use of residential mowers used to be 90 days. Not sure what it is now.

3. Above Par Lawns

And the timemaster isn't light. Good luck hoisting the commercial version into the back of your truck. The fold up handle is convenient and saves space in garage/trailer, but it makes it awkward as hell to lift.

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

So you're saying the commercial unit may outlive me... :)

5. Above Par Lawns

Lets hope not!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I only lift pinewood planks on and off the back of the truck... :)

7. NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

8. Above Par Lawns

No problems yet with rutting. It is a bit heavy though so I could see it happening if you're not careful. It's not a bad idea to have a real light 21" handy at all times if you think it's to wet and want to be cautious.

9. Above Par Lawns

True, we always find a way to get equipment in there. Hell just the other day I managed getting my MTD chipper into the bed by myself. Ruined a pair of jeans, but got it in there.

10. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I don't know about you, but if I had that much grass to cut I'd be using a larger mower.

Edit: It's a little early for me. I realize now that you cut a total of 5-7 acres a week. How much use do you need out of the mower each week? If it's only a 20-40 minute use per week then I'd say you could get away with the residential model.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012