I'm getting a Toro Timemaster 30

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Smallaxe, Dec 21, 2012.

1. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Look into a World Lawn 28" or 32" mower, the Timemaster won't last more than a few seasons if you buy the residential. You can get a World Lawn for only a few hundred more than the residential model. You have to think about the long term, if your going to stay in business you need to use Commercial equipment.

Most guys use a 21/22" and a 36" mower for small yards. The issue with a 30 inch mower is that it may not fit into some of the small gates.

-Michael

2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

My main concern is about 3 acres of trees that has Rider tracks everywhere,,, that takes 3 man-hours to mulch mow around all those trees,,, with 21" mowers... Then occasionally I'd use it on some other properties to alleviate the compaction around those trees, before they get bad...
    So I'd only need a couple hours per week on a regular basis but may add as much as 5 additional hours on some weeks... It should have paid for itself by the end of the first season... the commercial one may not have generated that much return and at this point I'm not interested in new business to cover costs... I am really more interestted in making the area superior to what it has been and getting that rider off of it is the first step...

I appreciate everyone making me think through this situation... thanks... :)

3. Smallaxe

This is basically a machine for a particular job... I even have the ability to leave the machine on site if I want too... and staying in business is not what I'm about,,, rather looking at perfecting this forestted area as I retire describes my thoughts toward the Timemaster... :)

4. Smallaxe

I would like to have known that Worldlawn mowers of that size was out there years ago... Nowadays they look too Spartan for me... I'm hoping the comfort and ease of the Toro will be easier to work...
    The Exmark 26 had a variable speed handle that would surely cramp up my hands in no time...

For years I've asked around for extra large self-propelled pushmowers and all I got was ridiculed for not using a "Real Machine", that I can ride on... I even had one dealer explain to me how a ZTR would NOT compact the soil week after week,,, so my requirements were unnecessary...
    Evidently there's a reason I've never heard of Worldlawn machines before... :)

5. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Axe, have you thought of Cub Cadets 33 in mower? It's a single hydro but i have seen alot of people with these and seem to do a good job as well.

6. Smallaxe

Having a hard time finding a 'spec website' on cub cadet, its all Retail Outlets... How lame is that???
    You'd think that business people would learn how to make their product easily accessible to the potential buyers... Now days we have the internet and still can't get a good look at the selection of self-propelled walk behind pushmowers... there used to be a small cub cadet dealer in the area, but all I saw there was the selection of tractors, and never had a reason to visit him again...
    Thanks for the idea though,,, maybe I'll go check him out and see if he's still in business... :)

7. weaver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkmgwrAYlM

8. weaver

My bad on the Cub cadet. I just saw on Home Depots website they are DISCONTINUED ... Sears made one just like it not sure if they're still making them or not. I had seen a bunch of people locally for the last couple years with them and did'nt know..

9. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd get this and expect to get many years of service...

Attached Files:

10. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

GMLC, is that the new 30?

-Michael