1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm getting more quality work by looking less professional!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CRM Lawncare, Sep 30, 2004.

1. CRM Lawncare

CRM Lawncare LawnSite Member

I usually wear kakhi pants and a polo shirt to present estimates. I've noticed some people were surprised (could tell by the look on their face) that I arrived dressed like I was. Most of the rednecks around her show up in cut off jeans and a ripped up t-shirt. I asked a few accts that I didn't get what was the reason they went with someone else. They told me that they didn't believe I would be the one doing the work, even though I assured them I would. They said someone dressed like you were wouldn't get dirty and do a good job. The last few weeks I have been giving estimates in a nice pair of jeans, and a t-shirt with the company name and logo on it. The clients seem to be more at ease and I've had much better luck closing on middle class residential accts. I will still dress up when meeting with professional commercial accts, but will stick to the dressing down for residential.

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I take that approach for all my jobs, always dressed ready to work.