I'm glad I got out of FL it's a mess

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meathead1134, Sep 8, 2004.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I just got back from a 9 day suppose to seven day cruise (honeymoon :rolleyes: ) I was bused from Miami to Orlando, what a mess. The ride up 95 was surprising, It was a big mess power lines down, flooded everywhere, roofs blown off buildings, a truck on its side, and gas stations out of gas. Am I glad to be home, there is going to be along of cleaning up to do in FL. I saw a convoy of power company trucks and good luck to you FL people

2. pokemon

pokemon LawnSite Member

Thanks Ken

For your well wishes. The authotities like FEMA and State and local official are on the ball and cordinating the relief efforts

3. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

I can only imagine what a mess it must be and unfurtunatly there is another storm out there.

Also congrats on getting married. I got married in April went to Jamaica on my honeymoon. Was not really impressed with it.

4. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I went to Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Caymon, and Cozumel. All I've got to say is Jamaica is a very shady place. I can't imagine how long it's going to clean up that section of FL and the cost OUCH!!!

BTW thanks

5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I've been doing clean-ups for two days and will probably be doing them for another week. Lots and lots of trees down, broken tree limbs, damaged shrubs and flooded lawns. Mowing will take a back seat for a few days until the lawns can be cleared of debris. I'm also looking over my shoulder at Ivan!!!