1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm going after charlie

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by unit28, Aug 15, 2007.

1. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Temps will be down in the low 70's this week!...yeah!!!

I wrill krill rit!...LOL
  2. keastland

keastland LawnSite Member

What do you use? He's just one more predator of my lawn.
  3. unit28

unit28 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm using speedzone.
    Man that stuff just wrecked dandies a few months ago.
    I bet it'll do the same on the CC.
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I agree with unit28. Speedzone or Chaser (ester) knocks out creeping Charlie. We find the "best kill" happens when it's hot (summertime), sometimes 100% kill with one spray.

I stopped by a lawn yesterday (about 11,000 sq. ft.). This spring, it was chalk-full of CC (about 80% of the lawn was covered with it). We had sprayed it twice this year with Chaser. Except for 3 or 4 very small patches, it was all gone! The customer said his neighbors keep asking how he got rid of it.

We buy our Chaser from UAP. Try it -- you'll see. p.s. No spreader/sticker is needed. I think Chaser is "slightly" less expensive than Speedzone.:usflag:
  5. keastland

keastland LawnSite Member

I think I'm going to try that Q4 first, since it covers all the weeds I seem to have in my yard. Hopefully I'll be trying that soon and I'll report back how it does.