1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

im going insane at 5mph

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by P.Services, Mar 11, 2010.

1. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

running around all day in the 332 and having only a single speed will make you go insane! so much so that some times i will just hold the horn down and imagine thats the 2spd button. If some one looks at me funny i plan to just start licking the window and they will understand something isnt right with me.

time for a new machine!

any one want to buy my machine? i will give you a steal of a deal.

2. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

that's one of the reasons I'm still on the fence about getting a CTL.

3. P.Services

just get one with the magic button and you will be happy!! i dont think i could ever go back to a wheel skid. and if i did it would have ott tracks on all the time. I just walked my deere across a partially frozen swamp to grab a pile of brush. My butt was chewing vinal i was so nervous of getting stuck.

4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

the ctl I was looking at has a max speed of 6.6mph. I'm used to 12mph in two speed and plenty of power to spare at that speed.

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

asv's have 11mph 2speed...i know im the devil...

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I'll give you like $300.. Considering that machine has been to hell and back, and then to hell again.. It has yet to return.. :laugh:

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Buy a Takeuchi, then you get the nice torquey low range for heavy pushing and the high range for going faster and making your teeth chatter.
    Or a nice cushy Cat with torsion axles and 2 speed, mmmmmm nice.

8. ccstrebe

ccstrebe LawnSite Senior Member

Ain't that the truth. You will have to pry my cold dead fingers off the joysticks before I ever let go of my Cat.

I've been shuttling dirt the last couple of days and am still amazed at how fast and smooth the ride is on these machines.
    It truly does feel like you are floating over the ground.

9. P.Services

You won't catch me buying a cat. Not unless I get a screaming deal one. I put my deere bucket on it and that suspemsion works against me. The deere can lift the bucket all the way up full and not even think about tipping. I tried that with the cat and flipped it right up and bounced my head off the glass. Don't get me wrong, super smooth machine but for mass hogging and loading I'm gona stick with the deere. I belive I will get another 332 with low hours (under 250) this time it will be a 2spd though. I would love a 333D but not for twice the price of a very lightly used 332. Any one know how fast the deere is with the 2spd? I couldn't seem to find it on the website. How fast is the cat? Isn't it 12.8 ??
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. WillieWonka1850

WillieWonka1850 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Picasso (don't know why I'm PM'ed you, disregard that) Bader Brothers in Birch run has a 2008 CT332, 121 hours, loaded to the gills with like every option (even a radio) for $53k. Price might be a bit more than what you might be looking for but it is NICE.

One thing though, is the tracks are a bit chewed up, but nothing too bad,