Im gonna fire my dealer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by larryinalabama, May 9, 2008.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I have decided not to due business with my dealer anymore. I want to just go internet and mail order.

Can anyone recomend a good online dealer, they must have a PHONE # and be able to take credit cards over the phone.

Also I need both carburator mounting gaskets for a 9hp Honda.

Thanks for any imput

2. larryinalabama

BUMP. Can a LCO use Stens?

3. larryinalabama

bump er up

4. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to set up as a dealer to purchase direct from Stens, Try J-Thomas.com they will sell direct.

5. larryinalabama

Thanks so much I think that will help me alot

6. kayeproperties

kayeproperties LawnSite Member

you will be so happy with the prices of j-thomas and now you dont have to listen to the dealer as he acts like hes doing you a favor getting you parts and screwin you for 3 tmes their actual price. If I have a decent dealer I dont mind paying for their knowledge and parts availability but the arrogant attitude and the screwin gets to me.

7. larryinalabama

The dealer I have been using has been in business 3 years, Im guessing Ive spent close to 2000 in those 3 years. So when he first opened his prices were lower than the feller I was using, and he would get most parts in 2 or 3 days. Now his prices are higher than then everyone. He has adapted an Im the only game in town screw you attitude, well I dont need it so I say screw him.

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Dealers are overrated. I thought I had a good one but, I was wrong. NOBODY cares as much for your business as you do. Use them for what you need and get the best price where you can.
    The knights of the round table are all gone, loyalty is just a word. Tony

9. larryinalabama

I figure they could at least smile while they screw you

10. BNR LAWN SERVICES

BNR LAWN SERVICES LawnSite Member

Russos Power Equipment they are in Schiller Park, IL but have a good website.