1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm I too cheap?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by JLC, Apr 3, 2001.

1. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

5 apps at 40,000 sp/ft site for 135 to 140 per time? Not near as high per k compared to smaller, but have much less in travel, etc. Let me know or email me if you don't want to divulge this info in public.

2. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Depending on your market,overhead,blah,blah. That is $3.50 per thousand. Not too bad for one stop.

[Edited by Getmow on 04-03-2001 at 04:17 PM]
  3. i would say that that is a good price. i would get maybe 150 - 160 per app. i try to get 2x a lawn cutting. with all the rules and regs coming into play today you gotta get your money. better to make good money off of a few accounts than to make a little bit off a lot of accounts. just get some money where you think you will come away with some good scratch for yourself.
  4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

most folks here are at .6 cents per square ft up to 12000, then at .4 for over. I try to stick with .6 across the board. when you add up ALL your costs, you might need a bit more than what you are bidding. Dave g