I'm in the wrong business! $275 per hr!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Colaguy, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Had to call a plumber for an emergency situation today, Clogged toilet line. Took one hour. Charged me $275. Charged $25 to drive over to my home.

$300.00

I am definitely in the wrong kind of money making business. Let's all quit and become plumbers & get rich quick! :drinkup:

2. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Next time go to he depot and get a snake to go through the pipes. Much cheaper! But yeah plumbers prices are outrageous

3. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

If I were to clone myself and then come by to give myself a quote for cutting my lawn, when I heard the price I quoted to myself, I'd tell me to go eff myself.

If you could, or wanted to fix your crapper yourself, you'd have done the same.

4. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Went to HD & rented a nice electric wheeled version employee "said" would go into toilet. Did this before calling plumber. The HD unit wouldnt fix into toilet, took it back & HD did not charge me.

Plumber had to get on roof & stick his electric unit down the pipe vent. Were I more knowledgeable in the plumbing realm of life, I would of thought to get on roof!

Bought some Drano Gel Max. Didnt help. Yes, plumber work has always been expensive.

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

How stupid is it that we're all sending our kids to college to get a "good" job and now we have college grads doing secretarial work and other low-skill white collar jobs when they'd have been better off going to trade school and getting their hands dirty?

6. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

Use less TP next time :laugh:

My snake works every time