im JUST about sick of JDL

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by georgialawn88, Apr 4, 2013.

1. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

Who else has JDL price gouging hem? it seems it doesnt matter if i price prodiamine, celcius 3way anything the price is outrageous. then when i explain that ewing has a better price and i have a friend that gets it at a cheaper price from JDL they get pissy and act all mad. im not in business to make them money im in business to make ME money. they are competitive with the price of fert VS ewing but everything else they screw me. last yr i bought 10 lb of prodiamine for 160.00!!! i can get 10 lbs at ewing for 118.00 be careful i dont know why they do this they just lose business. my favorite is when i tell them i have a bud a hour down the road that pays XXX price and he sighs and says why is he telling you that? then i get a price check on a permagreen and he rapes me on that. i can get one out of state delivered cheaper then what he will sell it to me for. is this just me or does other see this problem? im getting very tired of JDL im just about done for good even with fert because they jerk me around on everything else. SICK. OF. IT.:cry:

2. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe in a wild scheme to turn a profit they are trying to do the same thing?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

You have now lost your right to complain about lowballers prices or your customers looking for the cheapest price
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

It pays to shop and this computer is great for that. They may be competitive locally or they may have no competition so they set their price for the most profit. Don't write them off, get your fert and the rest you need elsewhere.

It also pays to be nice, go in there with proof of cost at another location and they may match it, if not, no big deal buy it elsewhere.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I have found that JDL is usually about 10% higher on most things they sell. On the flip side for me they carry anything I need except for equipment. I can go there and get anything I need in one place and I know that I'm paying for convenience which will balance out if I had to make several stops to get everything. If I were to be doing a larger project and needed 100+ plants then I would just call a broker as they wouldn't compete.

6. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Keep in mind when buying online, if you spend X then shipping is free in most cases.

7. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

JDL also employs some pretty knowledgeable people. Somebody needs to pay them.

8. georgialawn88

who said i complained about that?

9. georgialawn88

you know, you could be on to something here. why are you in the green industry? you should be the president of USA or something....

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

JD is a tier pricing. Someone walks in and buys one thing is not going to get the same price as someone dropping the big dollars.