1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm looking for lawn service 101????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bandrews57, Jan 2, 2006.

1. bandrews57

bandrews57 LawnSite Member

Hello, I just moved to southwest florida from MI. I am entertaining the possibility of going into the lawn business part time for now, but would like for it to grow into full-time. Is there anyone from southern florida that can tell about the insurance needed? Are there any reputable dealers in southern florida to get equipment either used or new? How are they on service? The area I am in is booming. I have a real estate investor and all his investor buddies ready to throw their business at me if I can do a good job. Sorry about the vague questions, I am just trying to do my thinking with the assistance of the rest of you. Stumbling on to this site was the greatest thing that could have happened.

I appreciate all the help and feedback I can get.
  2. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

Welcome! This site is going to help you out more then you know right now. The search button above is a great tool to type in keywords and find exactly what you are looking for. There are some great people here that have helped me tremendously. You have to read, read, read. And ask questions.

So, welcome to this site, and welcome to the sunny (storming right now) state of Florida. :drinkup:
  3. Scag413

Scag413 LawnSite Bronze Member

You might want to try www.lawncaresuccess.com. They have books and different things of that nature that you can buy. Good Luck with your business!
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Where in Michigan did you come from? there are SEVERAL people on here that are down there that will be able to help you...not only with dealer suggestions, but with other help, as well.
  5. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

ditto^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ best advise yet . read read read .