i'm looking for the BEST fm ear muffs.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, May 7, 2008.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

price doesn't matter. i want the highest noise reduction with the best quality. i only listen to fm so i really don't need am. i don't have a mp3 or anything.

i don't care if it's rechargeable. i already own rechargeable batteries.

don't suggest peltor worktunes because i know these are not the best.

2. C4chris70

C4chris70 LawnSite Senior Member

I use the racetunes. They look very similar to the worktunes but have held up much better. You can get them from Northern Tool for around $70

3. grass disaster

4. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

If your looking for clear sound and noise reduction get a set of ear buds. These block noise much better and are able to produce excellent sound. I have a set of Ulitmate Ears Super.fi 5 Pro and they work very well. I can just hear the mower enough with the volume set pretty low. Excellent noise reduction properties.

As for over the ear, the Bose quiet comfort are certainly some of the best.

I'm assuming your not really meaning "it doesn't matter the cost" because these things can get into the $1k mark.

You can drive either of these headphones with whatever you want. Most choose some sort of MP3 player for better sound quality but you can choose whatever you want.

5. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I own the Stihl am/fm headphones and like them, but hear the Husqvarna digital are the best. As far as noise reduction goes, I think the Stihl are probably about the same as Work ans Race Tunes!

6. grass disaster

yes, true. i'm looking to spend no more than $150-$200

7. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

8. grass disaster

9. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I tried the FM radio with ear buds thing....Damm cord kept getting caught in low branches and yanking them out of my ears....got old quick. I know lot of guys on here dont like the work tunes, They say they loose the station.
    I NEVER loose the station while mowing. When I toss them in the truck, the dial might get moved, but thats it. They are comfortable, and drowned out the mower noise.

10. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY