I'm new to the lawn mowing business

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stephanie Lynn, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanie Lynn

Stephanie Lynn Banned

I'm new to the lawn mowing and trimming business. I have been cutting for a long time but only professionally for 2 years. I am expanding my business and I had a question on what type of 0 turn radius mower was the best. I was thinking of buying a TORO. :)

2. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to LawnSite, sit down, strap yourself and enjoy the ride!

The search button is a great tool! :)

3. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

scag scag scag

4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

This is a pretty hot topic around here. You'll find that everyone likes different brands. The best thing to do is demo a few brands that interest you, and make your own decision. The amount of support the dealer provides is a very important factor also.

If you want to see some heavy opinions on these matters, just enter any brand name of mower into the search bar at the top of the page, sit back and read, read, read. :dizzy:

5. Gmgbo

Gmgbo LawnSite Senior Member

this thread is going to turn into a big fight, jsut liek the rest of them

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I can't belive the amount of younger teens in here stating they have been in this business for years. No offenses to anyone of these people but I just find it hard to belive that a 15 yr old is wanting to spend 5-8k on a mower,and has been doing this for years. Maybe I'm just getting too old LOL. Must have great willing parents who would take over all of these lawns when the "owners" move on. EXMARK,EXMARK,EXMARK- can't go wrong!

7. Stephanie Lynn

Stephanie Lynn Banned

i don't supply the $ for it of cource, my dad will give it to me!!!!

8. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Your only 15 years old and you've been cutting PROFESSIONALLY for 2 years? What is your definition of "professional"? What kind of equipment do you personally have to use? Who gets your to and from your jobs? Some things to think about...

Jason

9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Ease up on the youngsters fellas. Give them a little credit for try to learn how to do things the right way. Just think, we can keep these young one from becoming scrubs.

10. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Oh no, I'm not bashing on her, just making her think!

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.