I'm new!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TEG, Jun 2, 2004.

1. TEG

TEG LawnSite Member

For years I've been cutting most of my neighborhood. Each summer one or two houses ask me to do a mulch job or retaining wall. I've been using a 42" Craftsman and a ridiculously small walkbehind for the lawns. Just this year I've become interested in expanding my business. I started looking at trailers, commercial mowers, advertising and recently purchased a stihl FS80R trimmer. A week ago I saw a used Toro 52" gear WB that was going for $1000. I grew even more interested and began looking at other companies, unfortunately the used toro was sold.. but not all hope was lost. A farily new Toro, exact model, is being sold for $2329. There's only a hundred hours on it and is in close to perfect condition.

Now, enough babble. I have a few questions and was hoping that some of you can help me out.

- Is $2329 a good deal for a Toro with only 100 hours on it?
    - due to the rise in steel prices, traditional steel trailers are unstable financially. I've been looking at triton aluminum trailers, the GU-10 in particular. I have yet to find a price on a 10' triton. Can any of you point me in the right direction if I'm looking for a 10-12' trailer and not looking to go broke?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

welcome to the site.

3. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Welcome to the site, friend....

4. Personaltouch

Personaltouch LawnSite Member

I'm using an enclosed and love it, But we get lots of bad weather here.

5. TEG

TEG LawnSite Member

I've been checking the swap sheets for used trailers and rarely see ones suitable for my needs. Thanks for the welcome guys!