I'm no longer solo

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bmxerss, May 8, 2013.

1. bmxerss

bmxerss LawnSite Member

I've been getting a good amount of work recently, and it takes way too long to do my yards, about 2 and a half hours(they're big). So my friend who has worked with me and my dad before was saying how he would help me and i said sure. I'm starting him off at 8 dollars an hour, if he proves he can work good i'll bump it up a few dollars. Now i have to deal with the headache of employees:dizzy: haha im glad i'm that busy though!

2. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Watch out hiring friends. It can end badly, even when you think that it never will. Be sure to set clear boundaries and if he crosses any of them, off with his head. Just my two cents

3. bmxerss

bmxerss LawnSite Member

I know, i do have experience working with him though, he is a pretty good worker.

4. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Being a good worker means nothing when it comes to friendship. It's all about character and integrity. I'm not trying to ride you, but I've seen it happen time and time again. Soon enough, you'll be making another post on here saying how you were screwed by your fried.

Just be careful is all I'm saying

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

After the day I had, I hate everyone who has someone to help them.

At least I don't have to smell anyone else's farts in the truck though.

:D

6. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Welcome to the club. It can be rewarding and a hassle until you get the hang of it.

I just enjoy having someone to help me and it saves the wear and tear on me!