1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm Not Paying!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ince8728, Aug 3, 2005.

1. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

ok so i get a call from a customer 2day. He says i'm taking x ammount off the bill because you said it was included w/the lawn maint fee. Woah, no way, I nvr said that, i said i will do it but i made it clear when i started that any additional work is an additional fee, makes sense. So he says well i'm not paying it. We have our words, but he does it all w/a smile, cuz he thinks it is a complete joke, he likes 2 nickle and dime for everything, u all know what group he is from. So i'm gonna deposit the "deducted" payment, then not show up and wait for a call, i'll say well i'll continue lawn maint when you pay me the rest of the amount i'm owed. Any thoughts guys?
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

What was supposed to be done or what did HE believe was supposed to be done?
  3. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I think that sounds very reasonable. I would also make sure that he prepays for all subsequent service. He will probably take offence at this and discontinue service but you won't be loosing much.
  4. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Point it out to him on the contract that he signed. It sould be very clear to him in black and white.
  5. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Take the money and never go back. Fire his asz. Not worth the stress, unless he pays in advance what he owes and then you still never go back.
  6. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

I would try and do what you have to do as professionally as possible..just in case the client in question decides to slander your good name.. c
  7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

pelease......i live in a small town, surrounded by other small towns, over the years i've treated so many people like the trash that they are, and i'm sure they badmouthed me. what effect has it had on me? none at all

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

Hire A Good Lawyer To Design A Good Contract , Have Him Teach You How To Use It And Then , Wham !!! Nobody Gets Sh*t Done Without A Contract And A Deposit. Screw Em If They Cant Take A Joke.
  9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

an 18 yr veteran who lives by me said this, "well, i always just let it slide, yea sure, you can take them to court, but, do you want the word to spread, that you are the kind of guy who takes people to court over non payment?" i replied, "YES, YES, YES I DO!!!!! in fact, i'd like the word out that i beat thier butt too behind the courthouse after i win the case." btw, what was the descrepency?
  10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I think the Mayor has figuered out the problem :D NO black & white to fall back on!