I'm not sure on this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kartracer2000, May 2, 2008.

1. kartracer2000

kartracer2000 LawnSite Member

Ok I've been mowing for a while now and I have one that I'm not sure on. I have a friend that wants his yard mowed only no trimming, weedeating, edging, just strictly a mow and go. It is 3 acres of flat, very minimal trees, not much for other obstacles either. I have a Bunton 61 ztr so I think I can do it in an hour. The kicker is it's a 62 mile round trip, so, I figure I'll burn 6 gallons of fuel in travel alone. I was thinking somewhere around $150 what do you think?

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Thats way to far to be going for a lawn... JMO

3. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

It depends on where you are in your business development and how bad you need the money. Unless you really need the work I agree that the benefit of taking the job does not support the distance. You need to have 4 other paying accounts close by or I think you will lose $. Focus in one area to be the most profitable. You can right the mileage off but still with the price of gas and the wear and tear on your equipment I feel unless you have nothing else to do leave it alone.

4. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

Raven 386, Sterling the dog on your website is really cool. I am sorry you lost her. I am a dog lover too!!

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Thank You very much!