I'm noticing a new customer trend...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by topsites, Sep 6, 2005.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I see this now but it just became obvious because it really hasn't been that long since the fuel price rocketed, but I notice it whenever I bring up the price of fuel in conversation:

I don't say all of this but those who agree with me in basics also appear to be my better customers...
    My OWN logic is that it does kinda suck but it also serves us right. We wasted fuel for many years and showed a total lack of respect towards the 2+ dollar price but even without this, the current situation was bound to happen sooner or later. It doesn't really matter, the only thing that bothers me is it didn't have to be this way but at the same rate, we face the music because it IS a limited resource. The more we consume, the more we will pay, period.

Then there are those when I mention it, all I say is something to do with 'the price of fuel' when even thou I don't GET the actual LOOK, I still catch the basic attitude of what I might catch had I just handed them their dead cat.
    These folk evidently are NOT ok with the price of fuel at ALL. They feel energy should be FREE or dirt-cheap and it is their RIGHT to consume energy (it's in the constitution) and so on... I'm not going to delve further, I get the idea... These last folk also tend to be my not-so-hot customers...

Has anyone else noticed this?
    It is of course, HIGHLY possible we face divisions of the above mentality on this very forum and so it could also be possible those who feel like the second person MAY find THOSE customers to be their better ones? No, I don't want to get into an argument about who is right, that is NOT my intention, to each their own, you feel however you want to feel, the post is about the trend...
    just wondering...