I'm now a convicted murderer

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Of crape myrtles that is. One of my good customers had me do some murdering of 2 large ones. They were competing with even larger trees, but, she wanted it done. I fought the (landscaping) law but the law won.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

You have not been convicted. Maybe you can plea down to myrtleslaughter.

3. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

4. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Plead the "stand your ground" law :gunsfirin

5. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Were the myrtles wearing dark hoodies?......sorry couldn't resist. :cry:

6. Day off?

Day off? LawnSite Member

We all get forced to do something we don't agree with. Crape murder, red mulch ect. As long as your customer is happy and your getting paid... That's what really matters.

7. Yea...true, but I just hate doing it. It's weird bc she let's me do all the palms correctly, grass cut high. Etc but some of the trees get the hack back. They come back, but look like crap for a while...
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

We have those pink giants which I don't like and prefer the red decent size. I'm guilty of removing two of those giants. However I must say in their defense that their yearly growth spikes (sometimes 7') make wonder runner bean stakes for the garden. I replanted the Cherokee Red Variety. The white species have a wonderful smell.