I'm officially legal today!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by PastyWhite, May 25, 2006.

1. PastyWhite

PastyWhite LawnSite Member
    from Jax, FL

I got incorporated Monday, got a fictitious name on Tuesday, and got my business license today. I have a 6x12 trailer and I'm buying an Ex-Mark 36" Turf Tracer tomorrow. Things are looking up! I already have 2 accounts through family and I should be fully set up within the next week.

Wish me luck guys! :drinkup:

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Advertise! Great job getting legal. Some people on here make it out like its hard to get licensed and insured it's not. Do a great job and you will hardly loose any accounts. Easy business to be in if you like this work. Get some education on business management and that will help alot.

3. PastyWhite

from Jax, FL

I'm definitely going to advertise. I have a superintendent in a new estate subdivision that is going to pass out my cards to all of the residents as they move in. My friend is a graphic designer and she made me a really nice logo so as soon as I get the disc from her I'm getting my cards made and flyers, t-shirts and truck magnets.

I should be good at running the business I have a management and customer service background and I've taken a lot of accounting courses. My father and grandfather are accountants as well so I should be able to get plenty of free help when I need it.

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

It sounds like your on track. Good Luck this year and take some pic's for all for us!!!:waving:

5. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

Pasty, let me know if you need a place to get any signs or tshirts printed. I just got some more made last week and I really like this guy. Tshirts came out great. PM me if you want to check him out. Good luck to you, and do me a favor, start praying for rain here in Jax!!!

6. PastyWhite

from Jax, FL

I would definitely like the info but I can't pm yet b/c I don't have enough posts! If you could pm me or email me at blkgsxr@comcast.net. Thanks!

Oh yeah I almost forgot...I've been praying for rain for months. I got a little tonight though (Mandarin). I'm finally getting a sprinkler system installed after 3 years in my house. Work starts on the 5th of June.

7. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

Check your email!

8. PastyWhite

from Jax, FL

Checked and replied!

Thanks again!