I'm on vacation in Scottsdale, I'm seeing all the LCO's using pieces of burlap???????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Five Diamond Lawns, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Five Diamond Lawns

Five Diamond Lawns LawnSite Member

As I said I'm on vacation in Scottsdale and I'm seeing all the LCO's with tied up pieces of burlap with what I can only assume is their lawn clippings in them. Some trucks with 10 to 15 of these in the back at days end????????anyone do this out there????

The other thing is all the hard edges are cut with a weed eater at a 30' angle about 1 foot long ???? looks strange .:confused: :confused:

2. triadncman

triadncman LawnSite Member

If you have a camera with you snap a pic of those hard edges, I would love to see that.

3. mschultz77

mschultz77 LawnSite Member

These are used by alot of guys out here. They are easier and quicker to use than trash bags. Also to go to the dump is $15 for a loaded truck & trailer up to 12500lbs. So if they can pile them up for a couple of days its cheaper and easier. I use them when trimming hedges or trees, just lay them down around it and trim away then pick them up and dump into the truck.

Mike

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen crews around the Chicago suburbs using them also. They drop them at different spots while bagging with WB's and dump the hopper when they are full. Another crew picks them up later.

5. Five Diamond Lawns

I talked to one guy about the edges. He said it started with the resorts, by doing the edges this way it makes the lawn look more accessible or inviting to walk on. After hearing that it makes sense. Also, they cut the grass real short, the total look is part of the walkways. I like it but couldn't use it at home.

6. Five Diamond Lawns

I'd like to try the burlap idea. How do I find pieces of burlap????

7. mschultz77

mschultz77 LawnSite Member

If your still in town go to Hahn's on 32nd street just north of Greenway on the west side of the road.

Mike