1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm out for the rest of the year!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thfireman, Nov 19, 2002.

1. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

On November 7 my elbow became swollen and very painful. Within hours I was in terrible pain and fevers up to 103.5

I was taken to the emergency room and they did cultures from fluid in my elbow. Blood work showed very elevated white blood cell counts. After 3 days in the hospital the cultures showed it was a STAFF infection.

On Monday 11th I was taken to surgery and they cleaned the infection out after I.V. antibiotics failed to stop its progression.

I was released on Wedsday 13th and was told that I would not be able to work for at least 4-6 weeks. I have to have my open wound packed everyday. My wife does it all but once a week when the nurse comes by to check on me.

Thanks to good friends in the industry and understanding customers I am still able to keep their lawns in some sort of order. Most of the leaves are gone now so I think it will make it till spring.

I just wanted to thank all of those who help and continue to assist me so I can recover. God Bless You All!.
  2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, sorry this happened to you. I hope your recovery goes smoothly.
  3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Stop putting the spit polish on the old firetruck and safe that elbow dude. :D

Seriously, hope you are better soon, and for you to have a fast and full recovery.
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is some really bad news. Luckily you had some people come to the rescue and help you out. I wish you all of the best. Just concentrate on getting better and working on next year.

5. firefighter

firefighter LawnSite Member

Hope you recover real quick.

Good Luck

MWS LAWN LawnSite Member

So very sorry to hear what happened. I got sick Nov. 10th. Try to be hardheaded because so much work was still left to do, but had to go to hospital anyway. Ended up having surgery Wed. morning 1 a.m. for my appendix. Luckly all of my clients are understanding and I have my crew out there finishing up for the year. Sucks not to be able not to do anything. Guess I will spend time on the lawnsite and get contracts ready for next year. Doctor should be releasing me in the next couple of weeks. Hope you recover soon.

7. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks folks for all the positive comments. It really makes you feel good to have caring people out there.

MWS LAWN, Man I hope you feel better soon. We are in the same boat. I really hope you recover quickly and can get back to work soon.

Thanks guys!!:)
  8. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Im sorry to hear that if you need anything let me know ill be more than happy to help you out!Im not but about 35minutes from you.If things start to get behind just let me know...Jacob:drinkup:
  9. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry to hear that. I'll keep you in prayer.

Hey, any idea what caused it???
  10. Mack

Mack LawnSite Member

Hey thfireman

Sorry to hear about you, but sounds like you have good spirts and keep them high. I would like to say you have brought a bright picture to light. If I would ever get sick like that I really don t have a back up plan to cover me. So thanks for bringing that to my attention. I should fine some way for someone to cover me in case like yours. Thanks again and before you know it you will be back in business.