I'm really torn on what type mower to buy

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by fishinpa, Feb 22, 2006.

1. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I've been to every dealer around and calling the ones I can't get to in person and have been unsucessful at finding a deal remotly close to this.

Where or what I mean is "how" did you come across this deal?

I found an Exmark Viking 48" which is a little bigger than I wanted and I though it's a bit high @ $2500.00 with 800hrs. Dealer won't budge on the pricing.

2. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

A homeowner can open an account at Lesco, however, you will not get volume discounts like the contractors do. I have a Lesco cash account and purchase my "stuff" at the West Chester, PA location.

I have a couple of bulging discs also. If you decide on a rider, make sure you get a suspension seat kit, it makes a HUGE difference:waving:

3. fishinpa

from SE PA

Thanks for the tip!

4. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

Is the viking a hydro or belt drive?? I was talking about an older belt drive. A hydro worth anything under $1000 will be real hard to find.

You need to look in the private sector...essentially, a dealer is gonna charge you whatever they can get. If you need a warranty, get a new one. If not, look in the local papers /bargain news. You might have to travel a few miles but for the savings it might be worth it.

Also, the closer you are to spring, the more the money. Nobody cares about mowing in January.

Good luck.

5. fishinpa

from SE PA

Well I've decided....

I'm going to pick up the Mini FasTrack 36" this weekend.

Thanks "All"!