I'm removing a tree and have pricing questions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Brothers_Landscaping, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Brothers_Landscaping

Brothers_Landscaping LawnSite Member

I'm looking at removing a tree, it's 35 tall, at the base its about 18 inches thick and it branchs out alot, it's got a house on one side, fence on another side, a power box an another side and another house on the other side. So it's boxed in; it's gonna need to be roped and the sectioned. So going on the info

P.S. The price should included hauling away the tree

2. Outdoors_Unlimited

Outdoors_Unlimited LawnSite Senior Member

Trees are next to impossible to price without looking at them in person.

With that said, I shoot for $125 an hour for myself and $60 an hour for groundies.

3. Brothers_Landscaping

I'm thinking 5 hours, so between me and my partner, which includes chopping it down, clean up, and burning it, so my bid is 700

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

it determines what are you going to do with it, haul it to the mill or burn it or take it to the dump?

Also how hard is it going to be to get out to a trailer or truck? You need to add in the difficulty of how hard it is going to be fall the tree and if you are going to have to spur it and limb it and take it down in sections..

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

YOUR HIRED.......

HEll man insurance will run you that much

6. SOS Landscaping

SOS Landscaping LawnSite Member

agreed, we average around 1200 a tree....

7. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Silver Member

Is that $1200 for insurance per tree?

Do you buy insurance ...per tree ???

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If this were my estimate I think I'd let the experts handle it.
    Because the one we're speaking of here sounds to be high risk.
    And I'd say that's several thousand trees worth of experience deep, at least 5-8 years experience in the field, getting real.

9. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, If you dont know how to price a tree removal job... I dont think you should be dropping that tree... I can probally assume you dont have the proper tree gear either....

10. Brothers_Landscaping

No i've got the gear and I know how to do it, i've taken quite a few down, but I was asking for opinions, i had kinda settled on a price between 700 and 1000, but 1200??? thats alot