I'm Sick of it

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Tharrell, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I work 3rd shift at a convenience store and put a bid in for ten of our companies stores at the request of the district manager. I submitted a professional proposal including all the licenses I have. The district manager said my proposal looked good but they wanted me to cut every 10 days instead of weekly. Basically they wanted to cut me out of several thousand dollars and get the same product. I called and called to find out about it as the season started and the grass was rapidly growing. Then I went in to work on a thursday night and noticed the grass had been cut that day. Well, I let the district manager know that I was disappointed in the companies lack of professionalism in not letting me know that someone else had got the bid. I understand about losing bids, I was just irritated that I wasn't told and had to come in to work that night to find out. The guy that got the bid is using homeowner equipment and probably doesn't know what a 1099 is. I also can't wait for him to spray the massive weed infestation. I've decided that I'll wait for him to spray because he'll be doing 10 stores therefore 10 counts of illegal spraying. The fines will probably be at least 1/2 to 3/4 of what he's making on the accounts. I've studied for the pest test, took the test, paid for the test, and continue to accrue points to keep my license. Illegal operators are going to learn there is a price to pay.

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Ummm.... how do you know this guy is illegal? Just because he got the bid and you didn't, he must be illegal?

3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I don't. That's for the department of agriculture to find out. I don't know a lot of people who use homeowner equipment and then go to the trouble of a pest license. My point was, I didn't pull my bid out of my butt. The district manager is going to learn that not just anyone can do it, not even the employees of the company unless they have a license. It's going to be a major deal because they get all excited about weeds when they do their ride around inspections. And I will not do it now! There is a 10 x about 200 foot mulch border at the store I work at and the weeds are growing great. ha ha ha ha