1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

I'm sick of S**T being stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisioncut, Nov 12, 2004.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

They struck again, this time the mothers took my bagger for my bobcat 36" ($200+). Last time, a couple months ago, they took my hand held blower that I use for a backup ($100+).

I have always left my bag in my open trailer, which most of the time sits behind a locked gate in back yard, with no problems, ever. The one time I had to leave it on the side of the house, which is also out of sight, it gets stolen.

Like I said, I'm so sick of people who do this. I mean, what the hell are they going to use my bag for? I wonder if another landscaper did it?!!
  2. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

the sad part of your stuff getting stolen is that the crack head will trade it for $5.00 worth of crack or cash from a pawn shop to get the crack!
  3. Norm Al

if you make 6% profit and you get $6000.00 worth of equipment stolen a year you will have to earn $100,000.00 for nothing!
  4. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Time to move out of the hood.
  5. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

I don't live in the hood. 200k+ homes. Commercial props. not far way though. Maybe people are wondering around from them down our street and snagging stuff.

Can you write off stolen stuff?
  6. Norm Al

you will depreciate the stolen property as if you threw it away and when you buy more you will get that depreciation!

get a video camera set up for 24 hour watch!
  7. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

Get a dog. He can ride with you during the day and watch your stuff at night. Just put a nice warm dog house on your lot and if anyone tries to steal anything the barking alone will scare most lowlifes off. My dogs (2 of them) have there own dog door so when they hear something off they go. They have thwarted three attempts. During the day they usually ride with me. When I run into a deli or something I leave the truck running if someone gets by them they can have my truck. I also have a cat she moved in my shed last year ( no more mice eating my seed).
  8. rodbite

rodbite LawnSite Member

I HEAR YA!!!!!

First go out to the Trailer and the Lock on my Extension Ladder is cut!!!!!

Second time all my gas cans gone!!!

Man that SH** angers me bad. If i catch any SOB i will break some necks.

9. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Man, if i ever had the chance to walk up on somebody in the act of that, I'd just let em run away, although they might be makin off with some other hot property... couple of pieces of hot lead shoved up their arses.
  10. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Simple solution.
    Don't give people the opportunity.
    Why do you leave equipment out for gutter sludge to confiscate?