I'm so behind!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, May 11, 2003.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:dizzy: here in the northeast we've had so bad weather over the past 10 days as well as the rest of the country. it has put us so behind in all respects, just wonderin how every one out there is doin. tony

ps. i think some of our customers dont ever leave there homes, "oh it has'nt rained in a while around here". :blob2:

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Tony,

I feel your pain! It actually took us till 2PM Sat. to finish our mowing this week. Between the weather and a few guys out w/ whatever flu-like symptoms that have been going around, I fell way behind w/ my mulching & planting this week. I think we only got 15 places mulched:angry: . Had to do about 22 to stay on track. Look at the bright side - check NJDrought.org - all systems go. Hopefully a nice cool, wet summer (boy am I dreamin' or what?)

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

We just can not get caught up. I am surprised by how far behind we are, because we have not had our usual rains this spring. We worked 14hrs on Fri., but still had to work a half day Sat. The high humidity and heavy morning dew is causing the grass to grow just as if we had got some good rains.:)

4. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I am sooo behind. I have 2 guys helping me just to keep up. I can't even chase work away. Tell them a high price and 3 weeks and they don't complain. It doesn't help that I got the flu or it's twin brother. Man do I feel like ****, especially at the end of the day. The sparatic rain and heavy dew doesn't help either. Don't start mowing to 10 because it is so wet. Hope it dries up soon and I kick this bug.

5. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i understand. with all the rain/tornadoes down this way all week i didn't get started on monday's work until friday. got almost completely caught up with the exception of about 5 (4 are zero lot yards). demoing a 60 lazer for the weekend hasn't hurt either! (thanks Homer @ AgCenter Millington)

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Lawns...right on schedule.:D

Mulch & Maintenance...forget about it.:dizzy:

7. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Lawns are quickly getting caught up. I feel compelled, pressured to get back on schedule, I know you understand.

But the real money jobs (bobcat cleanups & grading, sod installs, mulch gardens, fallen limbs, a retaining wall)being pushed back.

What to do, what to do.......
    Soooo much $$$$, sooooo little time!!

:D

8. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

We are way behind on the weeklys. Also booked full on side jobs for the next month.

9. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Its been raining alot here. This weeks forecast is mostly rain, I don't mind a little drizzle but it has poured a few days. The grass is growing like crazy, I worked this morning just to keep from falling too far behind.

10. Jim Feder

Jim Feder LawnSite Member

just got caught up all the locals around me are backed up. see them at store or for lunch and all are days behind not us thanks to those scags we have been cutting all wet grass for a week now and I have to clean decks on trailer some times be for cutting. all the grass is doing is growing growing tall. :D