I'm so excited. I just landed a Walker mower for really cheap.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WHIPPLE5.7, Mar 8, 2008.

1. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

A guy 5 hours away from me has a Walker MS 42" with lots of extra new parts. It won't start, but it is not locked up. I'm getting it for $400. Even if it needs a complete motor I'm still felling like I struck gold. I set up the sale and I'm leaving first thing in the morning to get. Does anyone know if it will fit in a GMC short box bed. I don't want to drag a trailer that far.

2. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

Hope you have some $$$, I have a 2007 model, easy to work on once you read up on them, I understand that not everyone buys new ZTR's hope it's does not "nickle & dime you"

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Since you can slide the deck off...probably. I bought a unit for $1500 and got it going. New parts for these beast are really expensive hope you don't need much repair. A couple days ago a hit a big piece of metal and knocked out two gear boxs on the deck, fortunately I got two used ones free to replace them.

4. WHIPPLE5.7

I left early this morning and drove all day to get it. The guy was pretty staight up with me over the phone. Its in as good or better shape than I expected and I got a entire mulcher deck, 3 sets of blades, extra belts, blower fans and more with it. Many parts still new in the package. It sucked paying these gas prices to drive all day but it paid off.

5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

IF you are comfortable with how far you drove and what you paid, you got a good deal.

400 bucks is worth it just for the deck and parts. I would have bought it for that.

6. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Well share that thing with us! Lets see some photos of it.

7. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

Hope you get it going I am working on a 48" encore Wb right now and hope to have it up and running soon. Good luck!

8. WHIPPLE5.7

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Here it is. Not much to look at now, but I downloaded the parts manual and I'm going fix some of its minor issues and repaint and put new decals on as well. Its the MC model. I thaught it was a MS but I guess the MC is better. I also got an extra deck and lots new blades so I think I did OK. I'm also redoing the vynal on the seat.