1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Im so ready for a vacation.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Nov 24, 2003.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob2: Im so ready to put a lid on this season for the sole reason is that customers are really startin to suck. people sign up for leave pickup and request that we dont do them until the second week of dec. because of there oak trees and pears hang onto leaves. so now all the leaves are down and there calling you can come tom. but when i call them back to let them know ill see them the second week of dec like requested its a problem, maybe its me but ive so had enough of impatient people this year. tony
  2. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto, almost done here, maybe two weeks if it doesn't snow first. I will be going away for week during new years. Thinking about that is keeping me going.
  3. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

21 lawns for me to finish, then I'm on vacation;) :p :D Figure I'll be done around lunch time on Wednesday, start my vacation, come back to work December 8...
  4. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got back from mine. 4 days in VEGAS :cool2: came home to snow :eek: still got about 5 clean ups left hope it melts by tomorrow. Then the long winter nap starts
  5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

i just got back from the island of Kauai. I needed it!

6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear that Tony. Everyone wants you to hurry up and wait, or wait and hurry up. They want them done by Thanksgiving, but don't want you to work if it is windy because it will cost them more. We really only have a problem with the few that we only do cleanup's for, most of our regular mowing customers are understanding.
  7. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I here ya'. I got the bulk of the cleanups done last week, just a couple left. Then put on the winterizer apps. We had a little snow that hopefully will be gone soon . Then I can get the loose end tied up and the winterizer on. Winterizer should take only a couple days. I saw the snow coming with mixed feelings, on one hand I do have this work left to do but I need the break for a few days. It's nice to spend a couple days with my daughter.
  8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I hear ya! I just got back from a killer vacation in the Bahamas, which I HIGHLY recommend (see pic below) and am ready for another. Good thing we got another coming up soon! I am a big believer in vacations. :waving:
  9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

AAAhhhhhh......Hunting season is upon us.......Need I say more?
  10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Here's the pic (hopefully)